Banking & Online Security
Here are some basic security tips to help keep your banking experience safe and secure:
- Don’t approach an ATM if the area does not appear safe.
- Consider having someone else accompany you if it’s dark outside.
- Never approach an ATM after dark if the lights do not appear to be adequate.
- Don’t leave your vehicle running and unattended while using a walk-up ATM.
- Consider canceling the transaction and leaving if you notice anything suspicious while conducting the transaction.
- Minimize your time at the ATM by having your card ready.
- Don’t leave the ATM with your wallet and/or cash exposed.
- Make sure no one is watching when you enter your PIN.
- Be sure to take your receipt.
- If followed from an ATM, go to a location where there are people and activity.
- Keep your car running and doors locked when using a drive-up ATM.
- If you notice anything or anyone suspicious call the police immediately.